Autoplay play feature is not only available in CD drives, but also in the flash drives and external hard drives that you connect to your PC. In any case your external drives or CDs or flash drives are infected with virus, spywares or malwares, then chances are there that your PC could also be infected with the autoplay feature. Best way to combat this issue is to disable autoplay on all your system drives.
To disable autoplay on all drives, best method is to change it through Group Policy Editor. In order to do this, you have to perform the following steps:
1. At first, click on the Start button of your Windows XP OS and then click Run from the right side menu
2. Then type gpedit.msc and press enter.
3. A window will be popped up immediately titled "Group Policy" editor.
4. Navigate to: Local Computer Policy -> Computer Configuration -> administrative Templates -> System.
5. Then click on the System. In the right panel, when you scroll down a little bit, you will find "Turn off Autoplay", Just double click on it.
6. A new window will be popped up titled "Turn off Autoplay Properties". Now, select enabled and choose All drives from the drop down list and then click OK button.
That's it. Now autoplay feature has been disabled on All drives which you connect to your PC.